The library has two members on staff who serve as notaries. Notary services are generally not available evenings or weekends. There are other notaries available locally if you need a notary on short notice or outside of the library's notaries' hours.
Due to the volume of requests, appointments are required. Please call or email the Reference Desk at 508-841-8533/ email@example.com to make an appointment (24-hour notice is recommended) with potential days/times that you are available and how many pages you need notarized. There is no charge for notary services at the library.
Please review the following before requesting an appointment:
- If a document requires a signature or duplication, patrons should wait until they are in the notary’s presence to sign or copy the document. Printing or copying at the library costs $0.15 per page for black and white documents or $0.30 per page for color. Copies not made in the notary's presence can only be notarized if the original document is also presented for comparison.
- Patrons must bring government-issued photo identification (e.g., license, passport) to verify their identity to the notary.
- All persons whose signatures require notarization must be present in person so that the notary can verify their identities.
- The library does not provide witnesses and cannot guarantee that any staff or patrons will be on hand and willing to act as witnesses to a document.
- The library’s notaries cannot provide legal advice or assistance, including the interpretation of legal language or legal requirements or assistance with the completion of documents. Patrons are advised to consult with a lawyer for these types of assistance.
- The library's notaries are not able to notarize documents written in languages they do not read.