Donations of Books and Other Materials
Donations are accepted for the Friends of the Shrewsbury Public Library bookstore, additions to the Library's collections, or to be recycled through book sale recycling programs.
Donations are currently limited to 3 bags or boxes per donation.
The Shrewsbury Public Library gladly accepts donations of:
- Books and other items in good condition that are clean and mold-free: including children’s books, CDs and DVDs, large print books, music CDs, and video games. We cannot accept VHS tapes.
- We cannot accept items that are: unhealthy to handle, dirty, moldy, smelly, burnt, chewed, damp, or missing covers.
- We cannot accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, or out-of-date reference materials
- As the receiving institution, the library cannot assign a value to the books you donate. Donors must determine the value of donated items.
- The library has limited space for accepting and storing donations, so there are times when we must limit the number of donations or turn away donations entirely. It is always best to call in advance if you wish to donate books, especially if donating more than two bags or boxes. The Circulation desk can be reached at 508-841-8609, x3 to assist you.