Donations of Books and Other Materials
Donations are accepted for the Friends of the Shrewsbury Public Library bookstore, additions to the Library's collections, or to be recycled through book sale recycling programs. As the receiving institution, the library cannot assign a value to the books donated; donors must determine the value of donated items.
Donations are currently limited to two bags or boxes per donation. The library has limited space for accepting and storing donations, so there are times when we must limit the number of donations or turn away donations entirely. Please contact the library's Circulation department at 508-841-8609, x3 or SPLcirc@cwmars.org with any questions, including regarding donations of more than two bags or boxes.
The Shrewsbury Public Library gladly accepts donations of:
- Books, DVDs, and video games that are gently used, clean, and in good condition
The Shrewsbury Public Library does not accept:
- Items that are: unhealthy to handle, dirty, moldy, yellowed, smelly, burnt, chewed, damp, highlighted or underlined, or missing covers
- VHS tapes, music CDs or audiobooks, puzzles, or games
- Reference materials such as textbooks, test preparation materials, encyclopedias, or dictionaries
- Magazines or travel books